OR you can REACH MEDICARE by
If you want someone to be able to call 1-800-MEDICARE on your behalf or you want Medicare to give your personal information to someone other than you, you need to fill out a "Medicare Authorization to Disclose Personal Health Information" form
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
7500 Security Boulevard
Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850
- The average measurements for states and the country (USA) used in Survey of patients' experience is always being kept up-to-date to the current Medicare database.
- REMEMBER: Provider information which changed by user request will be kept at least 3 months from the date when request is received. After that, NpiNo.org will continue update the information using MEDICARE Database and other sources.
|MEDICARE||This health care provider is certified by Medicare or Medicaid programs.|
|CLOSED||The health care provider's business has been closed or the information has been removed from the original sources.|
NpiNo.org helps you obtain detailed information about health care providers, doctors and professionals enrolled in the Medicare program, as required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010.
The purpose of providing these information is to help you make informed choices about the health care you are intent to receive through Medicare.
The information comes primarily from the Provider, Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS ) and other information sources. The information is also checked against Medicare claims data.
Here, you can find:
- Addresses where the professional sees patients (always call to confirm the address and make an appointment before visiting; some professionals work at more than one location),
- Primary and secondary specialties,
- Medicare Assignment status,
- Whether the individual or group participates in any Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) quality programs,
- Medical school education and residency information (upon explicit request),
- Groups that individuals work with (individual profiles) or individuals who work with the group (group profiles), and
- Affiliated hospitals.
- There is no Board Certification information
- No residency data
- No foreign language data
- Hospital affiliation data are based only on Medicare claims-based linkages, so the affiliated hospitals for a particular professional listed on the website and on the downloadable file may not be the same.
NOTE: The information - NPPES and Medicare data on NpiNo.org - is FOIA-disclosable and is required to be disclosed under the FOIA and the eFOIA amendments to the FOIA. There is no way to ‘opt out’ or ‘suppress’ the NPPES and the MEDICARE record data for health care providers with active NPIs.
Some of doctors and professionals complain about providing their personal information without noticing that they had registered their personal/home phone and home address as Primary Practice Contact info to NPPES or MEDICARE.
PLEASE CORRECT THE INFORMATION IN NPPES AND CMS MEDICARE DATA BEFORE CONTACTING US. THANK YOU!
Information about Health Care, Services, Providers and Professionals which are being showed on NpiNo.org mainly comes from the datasets published by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and by National Plan & Provider Enumeration System (NPPES), under the FOIA-disclosable policies (www.foia.gov ). That is means:
The information being disclosed on the NPI Registry and in the downloadable files are FOIA-disclosable and are required to be disclosed under the FOIA and the eFOIA amendments to the FOIA. There is no way to ‘opt out’ or ‘suppress’ the NPPES record data for health care providers with active NPIs.
The NPPES Data Dissemination Notice and outreach documents from CMS encouraged health care providers to review their FOIA-disclosable NPPES data and edit it as necessary and to remove, if they wished, sensitive data from FOIA-disclosable fields that were furnished on an optional basis (i.e. data that were not required to be furnished in order to apply for an NPI). Many health care providers have taken some or all of these actions.
Update Profile on NPPES
If the downloadable file or the NPI Registry reflects information that is incorrect, health care providers should correct that information. At any time, providers, or someone acting on their behalf, may edit their records by going to https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov , or by obtaining a paper NPI Application/Update Form (CMS-10114) from the NPI Enumerator or from the CMS forms page and mailing the completed, signed form to the NPI Enumerator. Providers who need assistance in editing their records should contact the NPI Enumerator by phone at 1-800-465-3203, by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by letter: NPI Enumerator, P.O. Box 6059, Fargo, ND 58108-6059.
Data synchronisation from NPPES to NpiNo.org is normally done on weekly basis. In case you want to sycnhronize your newly-updated profile from NPPES to NpiNo.org immediately, please click on the button Request for update which can be found below "NPPES Information" section on your profile webpage
Update Profile on CMS
Healthcare professionals can visit the CMS Physician Compare Initiative Page for more information about how to update your Data on CMS Physician Compare , troubleshoot problems with your listing, and learn more about public reporting on Physician Compare.Top